Including your canine buddy as part of your wedding party is a great idea! Send your pooch down the aisle in a custom collar, embellished with rhinestones for that extra bit of sparkle.
– Plain / unembellished nylon dog collar
– Satin ribbon the same width as the collar and slightly longer than the length
– Flat-back rhinestones (5ss to 10ss in size)
– Gem-Tac rhinestone glue
– Flexible fabric glue
– Upholstery Needle
– Toothpick or bamboo skewer
1) Apply a thin layer of fabric glue onto the outward facing of the collar.
2) Lay the satin ribbon over the glue (good side up) and smooth it with your finger to remove any air bubbles. Fold over the edges of the ribbon to the back-side of the collar. Be sure to allow the glue to dry completely.
3) Draw the wording or design of the rhinestones on a piece of paper. (Suggestions – ‘Best Dog’, pet’s name, husband’s last name, or ‘I Do’.) Place your stones on the design to determine spacing and number you will need. Use your tweezers to pick up the stones.
4) Use a pencil to draw the design on the ribbon. Pour a small pool of glue onto the scrap paper. Dip the toothpick into the glue and dab the glue onto the satin ribbon.
5) using your tweezers, pick up a rhinestone, top-side up, and gently place on the glue. Repeat the steps of dipping the toothpick into the glue and placing the rhinestones until your design is complete.
6) Allow to dry for approximately 3-4 hours.
Before your big day, take the collar for a test run. Your nearest and dearest buddy will be walking down the aisle with extra sparkle!